Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
On Sale: 19/06/2020
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- Susie Hodge talks to Peter Nance, winner of The Artist Award in the Royal Society of Marine Artists' exhibition, about his atmospheric paintings of Cornish harbours
Practical painting and drawing:
- Adebanji Alade demonstrates portraits of Captain Sir Tom Moore and a frontline NHS worker
- Learn to modify your colours for summer landscapes with Julie Collins
- Our very own Alan Bickley demonstrates drawing with pen, line and wash to make a simple bold statement
- Soraya French finds inspiration at home as she creates a mixed media still life of flowers sent by her children
- Discover how practising loose plein-air studies will help develop your own style and attract buyers with advice from Graham Webber
- Ruth Buchanan shows how to represent the figure and how it sits in the space around it
- Capture the antics of seabirds on the shoreline in acrylics with Jenny Aitken
- Steve Griggs shares exercises and techniques for capturing people in motion
- Discover top tips for working in isolation from Ann Witheridge
- Glyn Macey completes his journey round the coastline with a look at Stanhope Forbes and the southwest coast
- Judi Whitton explores the long format for paintings that retain the viewer's interest
- In the first of three articles, Barry Herniman shares his painting journeys along quiet country lanes
- The Art World
- Your views
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award