The Artist September 2022
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Discover the joy of painting from the imagination with Silvia Pastore. Explore your creativity with Hazel Soan, Ian Sidaway, Jenny Aitken, Catherine Beale and much more!
On Sale: 15/07/2022
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to mixed-media artist Silvia Pastore about the joys of painting from the imagination
- Mike Barr explains why concentrating our attention in one direction will reap rewards in others
Practical painting and drawing:
- Ian Sidaway focuses on the seasons and the effects they have on our natural environment
- Richard Allen shares his tips on painting birds at speed at the inspiring RSPB reserve at Minsmere
- Jenny Aitken demonstrates how to paint cows and sheep in acrylics
- Explore the creative possibilities of mark making as Melanie Cormack-Hicks puts her experimental work into practice
- Hazel Soan explores temperature bias in the first of a new series on working with watercolour
- Jo Pickering draws on lighting techniques used by the Old Masters to create her own dramatic portrait in oils
- Catherine Beale shows how to paint meadow grasses and flowers in watercolour
- Discover the new Wallace Seymour plant-based oils and Co Co Bello painting mediums with Andrew Field
- Paul Riley paints the magnificent trees at Petworth in large-format watercolours
- Robert Dutton demonstrates why liquid graphite and charcoal are an essential part of his tool kit
- Follow Robert Brindley’s step-by-step demonstration and capture a rural scene in acrylics
- Bring structure to your watercolours with a broad tonal range with advice from Julie Collins
- The Art World
- Your views
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice
- Book reviews