The Artist September 2021
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
How to deal with figures and perspective in your compositions, bold techniques for painting water in watercolour, paint seascapes in mixed media and much more.
On Sale: 06/08/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Cecilia Cardiff about her expressive restaurant scenes
- Sarah Edmonds discusses the benefits of joining a professional body or art society
- Back after 30 years - Tim Fisher puts the updated Frazer-Price Palette Box through its paces
- Mike Barr looks at the pros and cons of entering open art competitions
Practical painting and drawing:
- Brian Smith explains how to tackle figures and perspective in watercolour
- Capture the beauty of peonies in oil with Sandra Corpora
- Learn how to add trees to your watercolour landscapes with top advice from Paul Weaver
- Leo Crane shares his approach to painting contemporary figues
- In the first of a four-part series on pastel painting, Steve Hall looks at materials and techniques for depicting trees
- Be inspired by meadows and hedgerows as Ann Blockley continues her theme of connecting with nature
- Kevin Scully encourages you to mix things up as you paint seascapes in mixed media
- Discover the importance of values with Paul Talbot-Greaves and take up his latest challenge
- Impart a little magic into your watercolour paintings with Amanda Hyatt's special effects
- Paint bold tempestuous watercolour seascapes with Paul Riley