The Artist October 2023
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Energise your painting and drawing with this month's issue!
On Sale: 18/08/2023
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- William Mather talks to Jonathan Shearer about his love of painting inhospitable landscapes
- Sarah Edmonds shows why community marketing is both cost-effective and impactful
- Energise your painting by injecting it with the rhythm of life, suggests Mike Barr
Practical painting and drawing:
- Let Tom Shepherd help you get to grips with tonal value
- Adele Wagstaff begins a three-part life drawing series by looking at pose, shapes and proportions
- Learn how to paint a moody watercolour using a limited palette with Amanda Hyatt
- Barry Herniman explores counterchange as he paints a Mediterranean scene in acrylics
- Put the wow into waves with top seascape painting advice from Jenny Aitken
- Discover coloured pencils for painting flowers with Liz Seward
- Sandra Orme shows how to paint wispy clouds using a restricted palette
- Develop your visual vocabulary by keeping a sketchbook with top tips from Steve Griggs
- Take an oil painter's approach to watercolour and gouache with Becky Thorley-Fox
- Overcome the fear of failing as Bob Brandt shows how to push forward to creating successful paintings
- Steve Hall explores the legacy of Edward Wesson and shows how you can learn from the work of great painters
- The Art World
- Your views
- The chance to paint with Peter Brown in Nepal
- Directory of art shops
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice