The Artist November 2023
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Be inspired by this month's magazine written by artists for artists.
On Sale: 15/09/2023
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Annabel Thornton about how she imbues her wildlife pictures with colour and texture
- Mike Barr muses on how a studio should provide a sanctuary where magic can take place
- Sarah Edmonds explains why structuring your art practice is so important to success
Practical painting and drawing:
- In part three of his series on loosening up in watercolour, Tom Shepherd turns his attention to materials, mind-set and painting language
- Sophie Ploeg shares tips and techniques for painting your own floral still life using pastel on paper
- Grahame Booth shows how to paint an allotment scene in watercolour and explores the colours of autumn
- Capture the textures of the landscape with Helen Hanson and discover new ways of using ink and coloured pencils
- Explore the beauties and benefits of gouache with Kevin Scully
- Jenny Aitken demonstrates how to put warmth into woodland light
- In the second of her series on drawing the human form, Adele Wagstaff focuses on directional mark-making, continuous line and contour
- In an abridged extract from her latest book, Poetic Woods, Ann Blockley explores how to connect artwork with place using experimental watercolour and collage
- Barry Herniman stresses the important role tones play in between the lights and darks
- Steve Griggs explains how experimenting with developing motifs will help you discover new ideas and creativity
- Paul Talbot-Greaves demonstrates why acrylics are the perfect medium for capturing autumnal colours
- The Art World
- Your views
- Art holidays & courses showcase
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice