The Artist May 2019
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
The original practical magazine for all artists - packed with inspiring features - since 1931!
On Sale: 29/03/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- In Conversation - Susie Hodge talks to Alan M. Hunt, winner of The Artist Award in last year's David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation Artist of the Year competition
- Mark David Hatwood explains why record keeping is advisable and shares tips to make it easier
- Watercolourist Shirley Trevena shares her love of drawing cartoons
- Susie Hodge reviews the National Gallery's new exhibition of the work of Sorolla
Practical painting and drawing:
- Hazel Soan begins a new three-part series - the way of the brush
- Discover how mediums and solvents can enhance your painting with Graham Webber
- Paint the illusion of depth in a coastal secene with Jenny Aitken
- Peter Graham reveals his plein-air working methods and discusses his passion for paintig the French Riviera
- How to paint figures to add life and movement to your watercolour paintings with Amanda Hyatt
- Learn how to make simple monoprints and drypoint etchings with David Parfitt without the need for a press
- Geoff Hunt paints three plein-air London scenes
- How to depict realistic movement when painting animals with Ruth Buchanan
- Paul Gadenne urges you to enjoy painting en plein air with tips and advice for successful painting sessions
- Spice up your mixed media painting using acrylic spray paints with Waltraud Nawratil
- Paul Talbot-Greaves shows how to paint a bluebell wood in three simple steps
- Susie Hodge tests the new Caran d'Ache Graphite Line box sets for plein-air and studio work
- The Art World
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award