Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Go chasing waterfalls in watercolour and much, much more!
On Sale: 15/04/2022
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Royal Academician Bill Jacklin about his large-scale oils and how he’s inspired by the streets of New York City
- Josephine Neil of The Windrush Gallery talks to David Curtis VPRSMA, ROI about his working methods and approach to watercolour painting, ahead of his forthcoming exhibition
- Steve Griggs reveals how his dream of becoming a full-time watercolour artist could not have been realised without the help of his wife and trusted business partner, Sue
- Sarah Edmonds talks to printmaker Rod Nelson to discover what fine artists can learn from printmakers for whom digital art forms part of their practice
- See the winners of the monthly challenges we set throughout 2021 to celebrate our 90th year
- Mike Barr extols the benefits of painting en plein air – it’s infectious and it will improve your skills
Practical painting and drawing:
- Paul Riley looks at how literature, poetry, philosophy and religion can fire the imagination
- Robert Brindley demonstrates a harbour scene with moored boats in gouache
- Paint lakes, rivers and waterfalls with Paul Weaver as he demonstrates how to capture the effect of still and moving water in watercolour
- Catherine Ingleby shares her tips and advice for painting successful animal portrait commissions, as she demonstrates a characterful portrait of a dog
- Be inspired by Lizzie Black to paint a still-life set-up on your garden table, in oils
- In the first of two articles, Alan Bickley explains how best to capture skies when painting with oils
- Pastellist Felicity House shares her approach to painting interior scenes
- Becky Thorley-Fox compares the differences between oils and watercolours for painting garden birds
- Julie Collins takes a deep dive into watercolour materials
- Barry Herniman reveals how the Fude bent nib pen has enabled him to take his work to another level
- The Art World
- Your views
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice