The Artist June 2019
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
The original practical magazine for all artists - packed with inspiring features - since 1931!
On Sale: 26/04/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- In Conversation - Susie Hodge talks to Liza Krügermeier about her approach to vivid colour
- Mark David Hatwood explains why regukar e-newsletters are important and how to make them work for you
Practical painting and drawing:
- Haidee-Jo Summers shares her top tips for painting in the garden
- Sketching on the go with James Willis
- Jenny Aitken shows how to capture the power of crashing waves
- Painting bluebells en-plein-air in oil with Martin Taylor
- Hazel Soan urges you to watch paint dry as she looks at ways of controlling your brushwork
- Top advice from Graham Webber on varnishing your oil paintings
- Geoff Hunt has trouble with the tides as he heads for the coast
- Working from different source materials for animal painting with Ruth Buchanan
- Amanda Hyatt demonstrates how to make faces more interesting to enliven your figure painting
- Choosing a colour palette for landscape painting with Martin Kinnear
- Paul Talbot-Greaves shows how to paint an everyday scene in three simple steps
- Discover water-mixable oils with Max Hale
- Make your dreams come true in paint with Jean Haines and enter her painting competition too
- The Art World
- Art Books
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award