The Artist July 2022
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Let the bubbles flow as you paint a celebratory still life with Tim Gustard and much more!
On Sale: 13/05/2022
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Hilary Adair about her printmaking process
- Sarah Edmonds advises on selling and marketing your work in a post pandemic world
- Mike Barr shares his thoughs on why letting go of your paintings is important
Practical painting and drawing:
- Tim Gustard paints silver, champagne bubbles and pearls in acrylics to celebrate the forthcoming Jubilee
- Learn how to paint dramatic skies and sunsets in oils with Alan Bickley
- Jayne Perkins shows how to keep your pastels lively with an uplifting demonstration of a Welsh landscape
- Sally Ward shares an insight into her working methods and offers her tips for painting a self-portrait in oils
- Lisa Timmerman demonstrates how she uses reference material gathered in situ on her daily walks along a canal path
- Paul Brown reveals how he overcame the challenges of painting a large triptych in oils on a West Sussex beach
- In the final article in his current series on outdoor sketching Barry Herniman turns his attention to urban scenes
- Veronica Winters demonstrates how to paint a portrait using coloured pencils on toned paper
- Judith Yates finds watercolour painting inspiration at her local allotments
- Julie Collins demonstrates how to achieve clean and vibrant washes
- Let your mind run riot as you get creative with Helen Kaminsky
- Joanna Perry paints a woodland mural for a child’s nursery
- The Art World
- Your views
- Reviews of the latest art books
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice