The Artist July 2019
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
The original practical magazine for all artists - packed with inspiring features - since 1931!
On Sale: 24/05/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- Masterclass - Roger de Muth talks about his journey from professional illustrator to full-time artist
- Mark David Hatwood advises on packing couriers and insurance to ensure your work arrives safely at its destination
Practical painting and drawing:
- How to achieve light, spontaneity and atmosphere in your watercolours with David Taylor
- Sheila Goodman zooms-in on the landscape, concentrating on colours, patterns and textures using soft pastels
- Create depth in your landscapes with Jenny Aitken
- Martin Kinnear explains how to manage colour for visual design purposes
- How to paint a backlit treescape in acrylics with Carole Baker
- Ian Sidaway describes how Provence inspired a set of paintings for the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours exhibition
- Hazel Soan concludes her series on brushstrokes
- Methods for developing successful compositions for animal painting with Ruth Buchanan
- Advice from Robert Dutton on how to avoid overworking
- Paul Talbot-Greaves demonstrates a rose in watercolour, in five easy stages
- How to paint street scenes with Jake Winkle
- Geoff Hunt paints by the riverside
- How to make the right choices for your painting with Judi Whitton
- The Art of Trees - we highlight the work of Bedgebury Pinetum Florilegium Society
- The Art World
- Your views
- Art Books
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award