Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Plein air, palette knives, portraits and pens - all this and more in The Artist this month.
On Sale: 26/11/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Susie Hodge talks to John D Martin, winner of The Artist Award in the Royal Society of British Artists’ annual exhibition
- Be inspired to paint en plein air by Geoff Hunt and the Wapping Group of Artists, as they celebrate their 75th year
Sarah Edmonds explores the benefits of working with charities as part of your artistic practice
Practical painting and drawing:
- Mark Fennell demonstrates portraits using oil and palette knives
- Martin Taylor demonstrates how to preserve the light and white areas as he paints a snowy winter landscape in watercolour
- Find out how Richard Suckling changed his painting practice during the pandemic with a journey into flower painting
- Amanda Hyatt shows how pen-and-wash techniques can be used to make reference sketches in your sketchbook
- Julie Collins begins a new series in which she considers some common painting problems
- Jenny Aitken demonstrates a portrait of a dog that captures the animal’s character
- Follow Keith Tunnicliffe as he shows you how he created a linocut of swans in flight in a loose and colourful style
- Alan Bickley demonstrates how to create visually strong paintings by focusing on the tonal values
- Join Paul Riley as he explores brushes for watercolour
- Ian Sidaway advises on how to choose and use dip pens and techniques to try with them
- Sky Landscape Artist of the Year contestant Rosemary Firth show how to use collage to create landscape scenes from photographs
- The Artist guide to open competitions and exhibitions in 2022 and beyond
- The Art World
- Your views
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award