The Artist February 2024
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Let The Artist take you into a new year of creativity.
On Sale: 15/12/2023
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Kayla Martell about her quirky still life compositions
- Sarah Edmonds suggests ways for your work to develop deeper clarity
- Mike Barr warns of the habit for slavishly copying work by other artists
Practical painting and drawing:
- Grahame Booth focuses on figures in the first of his five-part bi-monthly watercolour series
- Learn to combine digital references with paint to produce unique works of art with Robert Dutton
- In the first of four articles on painting the landscape in pastel, Steve Hall demonstrates how he uses photographs and reference material
- Graham Webber shows how to draw the best elements from your photograph for maximum impact in your painting
- Be inspired by Paul Riley’s tips on painting architectural subjects
- Rosso Emerald Crimson reveals how she combines flowers with portraiture to create impactful oil paintings
- Put the wow factor into your paintings with considered use of colour with advice from Paul Talbot-Greaves
- Jane Burgess shows how she paints landscapes in both watercolour and oils
- Hilary Page offers some practical tips to make the most of painting the scenes and people you meet when travelling abroad
- Andrew Field demonstrates ways to develop your own artistic style aligned with your passions
- Follow Jemma Derbyshire’s step-by-step demonstration of painting flowers in her garden
- The Art World
- Your views
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice