The Artist February 2022
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Aim high in 2022 as you learn to paint mountains, tap into your inner Impressionist and much more!
On Sale: 24/12/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Janine Baldwin, winner of The Artist Award in the 2021 Pastel Society’s annual exhibition, talks to Susie Hodge
- Sarah Edmonds explores the world of digital art
- Portrait Artist of the Year finalist Sally Ward discusses how to start your art career from scratch
- Tap into your inner impressionist with Mike Barr
Practical painting and drawing:
- Steve Griggs advises on how to evaluate and simplify a scene by making a simple shapes and value diagram
- Learn how to capture a mountain scenes with Sevina Yates
- Richard Suckling shares the materials and methods he uses to make his floral pastel paintings
- Express yourself with large brushes and gouache for exciting results with top tips from Robert Dutton
- Peter Cronin shares his advice for painting rainy scenes in watercolour
- Discover the delights of painting winter landscapes with Haidee-Jo Summers
- Ian Sidaway takes a considered look at how to choose and use a sketchbook that’s suited to your needs
- Keith Tunnicliffe demonstrates a linocut of an allotment scene, made in his loose and colourful style
- Julie Collins discusses focal points and how to use them to bring freshness to your work
- Paint monochrome Chinese ink paintings with Amanda Hyatt
Jenny Aitken demonstrates how good lighting and a balanced arrangement can bring energy to a still life in acrylics
- The Art World
- Your views
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award