Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
On Sale: 24/12/2020
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- Susie Hodge talks to Kate Newington, winner of The Artist Award in last year's Society of Women Artists' exhibition
- Marine Costello begins a series of articles on how to build a successful career as an artist in our digital world
Practical painting and drawing:
- Develop your oil painting skills with Alan Bickley as he begins a new four-part series by discussing popular choices of materials
- Discover the techniques you will need to paint a winter landscape in gouache with Robert Brindley
- Rob Wareing shares his methods for painting alla-prima oil portraits over more than one session by keeping the paint wet and workable
- Pet portraits in monochrome - Kate Priestman demonstrates and advises on the business side of working to commission
- Capture a winter sunset in watercolour with Paul Talbot-Greaves
- Marie Antoniou encourages you to let your imagination run riot when painting snowy landscapes
- Starting with a moody sky in watercolour, Barry Herniman begins a four-part series on painting elements of the landscape
- Discover Robert Dutton's favourite surfaces for creating texture for expressive paintings
- Steve Strode explores a new range of colours from Winsor & Newton's Winton oils
- Learn how to paint hair with Ann Witheridge
- Nicholas Poullis completes his watercolour series with a demonstration of a light-filled scene
- The Art World
- Your views
- Art book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award