The Artist August 2022
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Avoid the top five oil painting mistakes with Adebanji Alade, plus how to create harmony, drama, a sense of place and much more with our top artist tutors.
On Sale: 17/06/2022
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Heath Hearn about his work and influence of the 1950s St Ives aesthetic
- Sarah Edmonds explores the work of digital artist Claire Gill
- Mike Barr encourages us to explore the energy of a brushstroke
Practical painting and drawing:
- Peter Graham paints still life compositions in an impressionist style
- Balance harmony and drama in your watercolour paintings with Jake Winkle
- Ian Sidaway explores the appeal of landscapes in the first of a new four-part series
- Develop your creative mindset with Melanie Cormack-Hicks
- Adebanji Alade tackles common oil painting mistakes and shows how to avoid them
- Learn how pen and wash can be the perfect stepping-stone to watercolour with Paul Weaver
- Catherine Ingleby shares her creative lockdown journey into colour
- Use pastels to capture a sense of place with Cheryl Culver
- Judith Yates shows how to paint stranded boats in acrylics
- Julie Collins demonstrates how to create interesting watercolour compositions
- Take a sketchbook and camera to capture moments in time in acrylics with Carole Baker
- The Art World
- Your views
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice