The Artist August 2021
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Paint a still life of roses in a silver bowl, be inspired to paint birds in the wild, use pastels to paint a New York nocturne and much more.
On Sale: 09/07/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Discover the Derwent Tinted Charcoal Paint Set and take your creative charcoal work to the next level
- Caroline Saunders talks to Paula Sharples about her stylised designs
- Sarah Edmonds looks at ways to make an income without compromising your passion for art
- Enjoy an extract from a new book by Andrew Lambirth, created to celebrate Royal Academician Diana Armfield’s 100th birthday
- Learn to recognise your own style of painting with Mike Barr
Practical painting and drawing:
- Sandra Corpora experiments with reds as she prepares a still life of roses in a silver bowl
- Be inspired to paint birds from life with Richard Allen as he sketches birds on the shoreline in watercolour
- Robert Brindley shows how to paint nocturnes in pastel with a night-time New York street scene
- Hazel Soan concludes her current series by getting up close and personal with facial and full figure portraits
- Re-connect with nature as Ann Blockley shares her love of found objects for inspiring her work
- Tom Cringle completes his series with a look at how sketching skills can inform a studio painting
- Discover successful colour mixes for summer landscapes with Paul Talbot-Greaves
- Soraya French shows how liquid acrylics can be used with dry media to create vibrant floral paintings
- Will Teather shares the process of a commission to paint two children in his trademary style
- Learn to translate feelings experienced when gathering source material into your finished work with Carole Baker