Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
On Sale: 19/02/2021
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- Susie Hodge talks to Linda Saul, winner of The Artist Award in the 2020 Royal Watercolour Society Contemporary Watercolour Competition exhibition
- Mike Barr offers advice on being your own best critic
- Marine Costello shares top tips to help you sell your work online
Practical painting and drawing:
- Lotta Camilla Teale shows how to paint shiny objects, such as silver and ceramics, in still lifes
- Discover scumbling and glazing techniques for adding interest to your oil paintings with Alan Bickley
- Learn how to create dramatic landscapes in pastel with Cheryl Culver. Watch a video of Cheryl's work.
- Jake Winkle shows how to bring movement and narrative to your wildlife paintings
- Ann Witheridge considers how to best capture a sitter's expression in the final article of her series
- How to paint trees and woodlands in acrylics with Barry Herniman
- Adele Wagstaff begins a new series on still life by making a tonal study
- Take your gouache to the next level with tips on plein air studies and mixed media from Robert Brindley
- Explore the creative possibilities of oil pastels with Robert Dutton
- Jo W Pickering demonstrates a watercolour portrait using layering and glazing techniques
- The Art World
- Your views
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award