Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
On Sale: 07/08/2020
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
For you to try this month:
- Liz Chaderton shows how to make the most of tone as you paint two monochrome portrait studies
- How to add drama and light to your watercolour landscapes with David Bellamy
- Jem Bowden completes his stormy coastal scene by showing how to mix and use powerful darks
- Keep your sketches fresh and lively by using a limited palette with Tim Fisher
- Valérie Pirlot shows how to see your garden as a series of abstract shapes
- Learn to create the illusion of depth and distance in your oil paintings of trees with DJ
- Colin Joyce shows how to preserve highlights with wax resist as he introduces this month's painting project
- Be inspired by the objects around you as Linda Birch offers advice and encouragement for the stay-at-home painter
- Amanda Cooper finds inspiration in the muted colours of the late-summer garden
- Tony Hogan shows how to depict the effects of evening light on the landscape
- Practise three essential acrylic techniques with Mark Daniel Nelson
- Anne Kerr shows how to render the elements of the landscape in pastel pencil
- Things to do this month
- Reviews of the latest practical art books
- Reader's letters
- Paintings from the PaintersOnline gallery