Leisure Painter October 2023
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Celebrate summer in this month's issue!
On Sale: 18/08/2023
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
For you this month:
- Simplify a summer garden scene by using just four colours with Julie King
- The late Murray Ince shows how to paint a dramatic sky using water-mixable oils
- Practise working at speed in line and wash with Tony Underhill's guide to painting a Lake District village in summer
- Pick up your pastels and paint a copper pan full of summer cherries with Rachel McNaughton
- DJ shows how to create exciting textures and shapes in your landscape paintings by working with knives
- Go miniature and paint a tiny rendition of a huge landscape with Christina Hopkinson
- Discover the value of mixing ink and graphite as Brian Smith continues his look at sketchbooks
- Let Nina Squire take you into the world of soft pastels in the first of a new series
- Take three colours and two brushes as you paint a boat on a beach in watercolour with David Webb
- Ian Pethers demonstrates a moonlit beach scene in ink and wash
- Learn to work more with tone than colour as Paul Minter tackles colour value substitution
- Use a variety of watercolour techniques to paint a stack of pebbles in subtle detail with Kerry Bennett
- Using vehicles as your inspiration, learn how to paint curved surfaces with Tim O'Brien
- Things to do this month
- Enter our summer landscape painting competition
- Latest news and listings from UK art clubs
- Nina Squire answers a reader's question
- Art book reviews
- Paintings from the PaintersOnline gallery