Leisure Painter November 2021
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Discover the value of thumbnail sketches, top tips for interpreting photographs, learn to create an autumnal motif and even turn an ornate building into a painting of a juggling clown!
On Sale: 01/10/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
For you this month:
- Discover the value of thumbnail sketches with part one of Colin Joyce's painting project
- Complete your bunch of roses in watercolour with Julie Collins
- Steve Strode shares six top tips on how to interpret photographs for successful paintings
- Paint flowers in the landscape using acrylics and painting knives with Tim Fisher
- Liz Chaderton shows how to make marks with gouache, ink and watercolour for paintings reminiscent of woodcut prints
- Create a colourful acrylic autumnal motif using stencils, brushes and sponges with Jackie Garner
- Valérie Pirlot shows how to paint an oil painting still life of everyday objects
- Learn how to paint a riverside scene, complete with narrow boat, in watercolour with Paul Clark
- Paint a sunset scene featuring animals, trees and birds in silhouette with Paul Hopkinson
- Rachel McNaughton shows how to paint the effects of mist and smoke with different brushstroke techniques
- Have fun with Tony Underhill as you transform an ornate building into a juggling clown!
- Use a limited palette, salt, clingfilm and wax resist techniques to paint a parrot with Kerry Bennett
- Charles Evans shows how to add trees and figures to an autumnal landscape
- Things to do this month
- Latest news and listings from UK art clubs
- Reviews of the latest practical art books
- Paintings from the PaintersOnline gallery