May 2022 Leisure Painter
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Make the most of limited colour palettes to paint a Spanish landscape, seasonal trees and skies. Plus, learn to paint daffodils, still lifes and much more!
On Sale: 18/03/2022
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
For you this month:
- Julie King introduces a photograph of a camellia for this month's painting project
- Build your colour-mixing confidence with Andy Walker as you paint a Spanish landscape
- Use watercolour pencils to sketch a vintage oil can with Colin Joyce
- Charles Evans shows how the same acrylic colours can be used to paint both winter and spring trees
- Work in detail with Paul Hopkinson as he begins a ink and wash study of an ammonite
- Paint two simple sky studies in watercolour, using just three colours, with Stephen Coates
- Elena Parashko shows how to draw simple flowers in graphite
- Paint a scene of Dunstanburgh Castle using watercolour washes with Rachel McNaughton
- Mike Rollins shows how to paint the same Castle using a host of acrylic painting technques
- Learn to paint realistic reflections in watercolour with the first in a new short series by Colin Steed
- Alice May demonstrates how to paint daffodils
- Learn to paint with conviction with Brian Smith
- Tony Hogan shows how to create an impasto effect and use glazing techniques with acrylics
- Call for entries to our TALP Open 2022 competition
- Winning paintings from our recent competition
- Things to do this month
- Latest news and listings from UK art clubs
- Paintings from the PaintersOnline gallery