Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
On Sale: 16/04/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
For you to try this month:
- Julie King completes her painting of spring flowers in watercolour
- Stephen Coates introduces this month’s painting from a photograph and explains how to work up a strong composition
- Learn to paint faster and looser, placing shadows and fleeting moments confidently and quickly, with Andy Walker
- Paint the different textures of a still life of bread, fruit and cheese, with Jackie Garner
- Explore line-and-wash techniques by drawing and painting a more complicated scene of buildings with Milly England
- Liz Chaderton demonstrates how to paint a horse’s head in watercolour
- Kerry Bennett uses a variety of watercolour techniques to produce a delicate interpretation of spring blossom, then paint pink cherry blossom against a bright blue sky, using oils or acrylics, with Valérie Pirlot
- Katie Putt shares nine easy exercises to help you paint more effectively in watercolour
- Paint a seascape and cliffs using a limited acrylic palette with Tony Hogan
- Murray Ince shows how to paint the character and colours of an old Italian alleyway in water-mixable oils
- Things to do this month
- Reader's letters
- Reviews of the latest practical art books
- Paintings from the PaintersOnline gallery