Get inspired by the Caran d'Ache Neocolor II range
Have you tried the legendary Neocolor II wax pastels from Caran d'Ache? Now's the perfect time to discover the variety of techniques and ways you can use this versatile product as part of your collection!
Did you know the Caran d'Ache Neocolor II wax pastels have a wide range of uses?
The water soluble pastels can be mixed or sprayed with water, and even blended together, to to achieve an array of extraordinary effects.
Watch the following video to get inspired by the wax pastel techniques you can use and the effects you can create with them!
Neocolor II techniques that you can try
Why not try some of the wax pastel techniques demonstrated in the video for yourself? Here's a selection of the techniques you can recreate with the Neocolor wax pastels.
1. Take the gradation from the palette using a brush, place the brush flat on the paper.
2. Create a sketch, spray with water and leave the colour to diffuse. Place some pigment on a sanded palette and dissolve in water using a paint brush.
3. Hold the pastel flat, draw on damp paper, using a brush moistened with Neocolor II then colour the drawing.
Top tips for using Neocolor II
- The wax pastels can be used on a variety of materials.
- To create a palette of colours, apply the Neocolor water soluble wax pastels separately on a waterproof material with a rough surface then add water. To vary the concentration, use more or less water. Avoid soaking the pastel for too long to prevent it from dissolving.
- Neocolor II pastels are easily washed off clothes at low temperature using an appropriate detergent. They're also easily washed off hands, floors and tables with soapy water.
More information about the Neocolor II wax pastels
- Water soluble wax pastels.
- High pigment concentration for bright and opaque colours.
- Excellent Lightfastness.
- Uniform shades facilitating homogenous swathes of colour.
- Possibility of blending colours.
- The water soluble pastels are available in 84 colours, including 3 metallic shades.
- Available in metal boxes of 10,15,30, 40 & 84 in assorted colours - RRP from £18.49 - £196.99.
- The Neocolor II wax pastels also available in individual colours - RRP £1.90 for each pastel.
- The water soluble wax pastels are 8.65mm in diameter, have a smooth body, each pastel is individually wrapped and the name of the colour and code is shown on the wrapper.
To receive the latest news, product reviews, tips & techniques and more, straight into your inbox, sign up for our Painters Online e-newsletters.