Call for entries - Figurative Art Now
Brand-new exhibition announced.
The Federation of British Artists at Mall Galleries are launching a brand-new exhibition, giving artists the opportunity to showcase the work they created during lockdown and win a varied range of prizes.
Established in 1961, the Federation of British Artists (FBA) is a major visual arts charity championing figurative art. It operates the Mall Galleries and comprises nine of the UK’s leading art societies. The FBA’s exhibitions are a unique opportunity for artists to display their work alongside established names and for art buyers to discover the finest contemporary art to add to their collections. For its 60th anniversary, the FBA will be bringing together the best of figurative art by launching a new online exhibition and art prize.
At a time when representational and figurative painting is enjoying a return to popularity and as society re-emerges into the light after the global pandemic, Figurative Art Now will give artists the chance to showcase their work and give the public an opportunity to view and buy new pieces in a wide range of mediums. This innovative exhibition will be selected by some of the art world’s leading voices, held 100% online, and delivering a range of prizes including cash awards, mentoring and exhibition opportunities.
Figurative artists of any age working in the UK can enter online for the chance to be selected by an eminent judging panel of artists and critics. The selected work will show in Figurative Art Now this summer.
- Jo Baring, Director of the Ingram Collection of Modern British and Contemporary Art
- Artist, Andrew Gifford
- Clare O’Brien, CEO of the Mall Galleries
- Artist, Barbara Walker
- Jonathan Watkins, Director of the Ikon Gallery
- Exhibition Prize: a solo exhibition at the Mall Galleries. This selling exhibition will last a week and include coverage on the Mall Galleries website and expenses.
- Figurative Art Prize: £5,000 in cash from the Federation of British Artists.
- Mentorship Prize: studio visits and workshops on digital marketing, exhibition administration and management for 3 early career artists.
- Artist Feature Prize: a dedicated profile on the Federation of British Artists and Mall Galleries online platforms including website, newsletter and social media
Discover more and enter here.