TALP Open 2019 Terms & Conditions
HOW TO ENTER & CONDITIONS
The competition is open to artists worldwide. Two-dimensional artwork in any media, including drawing, painting, printmaking and creative digital artwork is welcome.
Only original work completed within the last two years will be considered and paintings based on reference photographs must have been taken by the artist or used with the permission of the photographer. Photography, except where incorporated into collage, is not acceptable.
1. The entry fee of £18 covers up to THREE entries of two-dimensional works in any media. To give more amateur artists the chance to exhibit, just ONE work per entrant will be accepted for exhibition in the Leisure Painter category.
2. Please ensure you enter the correct category.
Artists can enter either The Artist category OR the Leisure Painter category - NOT both. The Leisure Painter category is for amateur painters and The Artist category for more experienced and professional artists.
3. No entry should be larger than 120x150cm WHEN FRAMED (canvases do not need to be framed).
4. TO ENTER click here to pay your entry fee, following payment you will receive a confirmation of your order. You will also receive an email within the next hour with details of how to access our competition upload site. The email will contain a unique link to your competition registration. Closing date for entries is 12 noon on Friday, April 12, 2019.
5. Entries will be judged after April 12, 2019 and selected works called for exhibition. These must be framed (canvases excepted) ready for exhibition from July 11 to August 11, 2019 at Patchings Art Centre. ALL works entered MUST be available for exhibition.
6. Successful entrants will be notified by mid-May about delivering their work between June 14 and June 30, 2019 to Patchings Art Centre, Nottinghamshire.
7. All care will be taken with entries but no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage in transit, incoming or outgoing, whilst on the competition premises or during the exhibition. Originals selected and submitted for final exhibition must be fully insured by the artist and left with the organisers throughout the exhibition.
8. All entries must be original. Submission of entry in this competition automatically constitutes acceptance of all the competition rules and agreement to allow The Artist and/or Leisure Painter to publish, republish and repurpose entries in print and digital formats including but not limited to magazines, promotion materials, websites, databases and as part of downloadable digital products.
9. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the conditions of entry.
- Sally Bulgin, editor The Artist
- David Curtis ROI, RSMA
- Guest Judge Lachlan Goudie ROI
- Ingrid Lyon, editor Leisure Painter
- John Sprakes ROI, RBA, MAFA
- Liz Wood, artist and co-owner of Patchings Art Centre
TOP TIPS FOR PHOTOGRAPHING YOUR ARTWORK
- Set your camera to the highest quality available
- Take your picture of your painting square on and fill the frame as far as possible
- If possible use a tripod to ensure a crisp image
- Turn off the date!
- Make sure that no easel clamps or clips intrude and that frames don’t cast shadows across the artwork
Over £17,000 worth of art prizes to be won
Click here for a full list of prizes and sponsors
Click here to pay your entry fee and enter this year's competition