Step-by-step guide to entering an image-based competition
Looking to enter a Painters Online image-based competition?
We have put together a step-by-step guide below to help you through the process. We hope that you find this guide useful but if you have any issues whilst attempting to enter any of our competitions, please click here to contact us and we will try to help you as best we can.
1. Open the Painters Online website in a new window and click 'Competitions' on the main menu at the top of the page.
2. From the list of the available competitions, click the ‘Read more’ button on the competition you are interested in entering.
3. Select one of the available options from the list on the right of the page. Each option may have a different price and/or allow a different number of images to be submitted. Once you have chosen your preferred option, click the ‘Start new entry’ button.
4. In this example, we have chosen an option which permits us to submit up-to three images as can be seen on the left of the page. Click the ‘Choose file’ button under the heading 'Step 1' and then select the image from your computer which you wish to submit.
5. Under the heading 'Step 2', enter a title for the artwork and provide the height and width of the finished artwork including the frame. If you would also like the artwork to be advertised as available for sale, tick the ‘This item is for sale’ box and enter your desired price.
6. Under the heading 'Step 3', select the options which best describe the medium you used to create your artwork.
7. Under the heading 'Step 4', click the ‘Upload’ button.
8. The image will be added to your entry as shown in the boxes to the left. If there are additional spaces available and you wish to submit further artwork you can follow steps 4 to 7 above for each of these.
9. If you wish to review or amend an image you have already uploaded, you can click on the image on the left as shown below. You can then amend the title, sizes and medium options as before. You also have the option to upload a new image into the space or rotate the image as desired. If you make any changes to an image you have already uploaded, you must remember to click the ‘Save’ button under the heading 'Step 4'.
10. Once you are happy with all of the images you have uploaded, tick the box to confirm you have read the terms and conditions of the competition under the heading 'Step 5' then click the button reading ‘Proceed to checkout’ (for paid competitions) or ‘Submit entry’ (for free competitions). You will not be able to make any further changes to the entry once it has been submitted. Alternatively, you can click the 'Save for later' button and follow the instructions further down this page to retrieve it later.
11. If you are entering a free competition, you should see a message stating your entry has been submitted. If you are entering a paid competition, you will be directed to the checkout to complete the payment. Follow the instructions on the screen until you see a message informing you your payment was successful. In either case you should receive an automated email from us informing you that your entry has been received.
Looking for an entry you saved earlier?
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 from above. On the page detailing the competition, click the 'Manage existing entries' button under the list of options on the right of the page.
2. Select the draft entry you wish to complete from the list. Optionally, you can also delete a draft entry you no longer wish to keep. Once an entry has been submitted, it cannot be amended or deleted.
3. You can now continue amending the draft entry following on from step 4 above.
If you have any issues whilst attempting to enter any of our competitions, please click here to contact us and we will try to help you as best we can.