Reflection

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi everyone I have recently completed my this painting. I enjoyed it a lot and was so much fun working on it. I used oil on a  medium size canvas.  Any review will be much appreciated. Many thanks.
Well there’s fun.  Colours wonderful.  I think I would have made the reflected image parallel with the sky . Pop it on the gallery.  
Thank you Sylvia. I would definitely put it on the gallery.
Lovely rich colours - just let the reflections from the sky mirror themselves in the water, where they'll be slightly darker: which is helpful, you wouldn't want them competing with the bright sky colours; in other words, follow the shapes - you don't need to be too accurate or religious about this. so long as you get the broad shapes reflecting those in your sky.   May I suggest that you take a look at the website of the late Ken Bushe - a wonderful landscape painter in oil, and great online friend of mine whose untimely death I still mourn and always will.  His partner has retained his website - a great service to oil painters everywhere.  
That's beautiful! I love the colours
Thanks a lot Simon. Thank you Robert for such a detailed feedback. So sorry to hear about your friend. I know it’s so hard to lose some one near and dear.  Till your comment, I myself was not able to see the difference but now I can clearly see it. I will definitely check the resources available on the website.  Highly appreciate your help.