near Macchu Picchu

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
Edited
by JOHN TURNER

Any comments appreciated, Regards John T
Hi Alan ,Any comments appreciated, Regards John T ( sorry about the horizontal picture , I just can't seem to make it transfer correctly)
JOHN TURNER 30 July
You need some basic photo editing software  - if it's skew-whiff when you post the picture, that's how it'll stay: it can't be altered on here, but the picture can be saved, put the right way up, and re-posted: which I can't do for the minute, but will later if that's OK with you and if someone hasn't already done it by the time I come back from my weekly shopping.  I'm not keen on viewing your painting like this, because I have to avoid certain movements with my neck, or it clicks horribly and hurts.  The joys of ageing are almost endless...........
Yes, I must confess to not looking at it John, once it’s in the correct orientation I’ll give it some thought! Looks an interesting subject…
Thanks Robert and Alan ! Look forward to your comments later. Regards John. 
There you go right way up!
Well done Gillian! Unfortunately I’ve not visited Peru, so I haven’t seen this magnificent site first hand. However, there’s not a lot wrong with this to be honest John - perhaps darken the V shape section in the central peak, towards the base of the left rock face near to the water, and the foliage bottom right! Minor details but it might give a bit more contrast I feel. All in all a really good painting!
Many thanks Alan ! Regards John.
It's a brave and bold effort to capture a dramatic landscape, and I think a successful one on the whole: you've dealt with those foreground trees quite cleverly, if I may say so: maybe a bit more tonal contrast elsewhere, just to increase the drama.   The rainbows - well, those are VERY hard to tackle successfully: I've seen all too many where they look as if they've been slapped on the sky like some sort of plastic - yours don't look like that, because you've not made the classic mistake of making the colours too strong (even though in life they can be startlingly strong: it's just not always wise to paint them that way).  I'm not too sure of them, to be honest with you - but as I'm entirely unsure I could do any better myself, I'll leave any comment on them to Alan (who could!  Always advisable to know one's limitations...).
Thank you very much Robert. Yes, I struggled with the rainbow, but since I am very interested in meteorology I did at least know what it should be ! Regards John.
Showing page 1 of 3