Have I got the perspective right?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Of course we're interested!  Keep posting - perspective looking fine to me.
Well I’m sure that many of us are interested in seeing this develop, it’s taking shape nicely.
Bit more work done on this.  Now swopped to using oils.
Coming along VERY nicely.  
Owing to the vagaries of how the forum works, I've only just come upon this. (Items are posted and then vanish as other posts are made.) An ambitious subject, and it's coming along beautifully. I looked at your first sketch as I look at my own.  When I do these layouts I'm thinking where's the centre of attention, where does the painting take my eye to first, is that what I want?  Largish objects on the shelves behind the green car were the first things my eye was drawn to, smack bang in the middle of the painting...I think they are body panels.  Not ideal...background items drawing my eye.  But, of course, you've resolved it as the painting has progressed.  My eye is now drawn to the red car and then follows naturally around the scene...the panels on the shelf now smaller, less obtrusive, and firmly in the background. It's a great pleasure to watch paintings develop, I think this will be a beaut. 
Thanks for all the positive comments.  Managed to find time to do a bit more work on the painting. Still not finished but getting there!
Looks really good Steve it one of those paintings you can look at for ages.
Happy Xmas to everyone and lets hope for a better 2021. I finished off this painting a couple of weeks ago and posted it on gallery but thought I should also post here to "finish" off the thread.  Only tweaked it a bit from last posting.
Showing page 2 of 2