Doggy Pic - Lhasapoo

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Marjorie is right Yvette take away the original and assess your painting as a painting.. If you are looking for a photographic image keep your head still and flick your eyes back and too from one picture to the other you will see microscopic differences in the images,  not recommended you could turn into a brick counter..🤣
I think it has worked well Yvette and your friend will be delighted with it , as Marjorie says it’s not a photograph and it’s livelier than a photograph.   I also enjoy doing animal portraits some work better than others but I try to get the essence of the animal not an exact reproduction. 
A very good result indeed, you’ve captured something of this chaps character, which is what any portrait is about, be it animals or humans.
Thank you all for your comments!   It's been great to be able to share my work and get some great constructive feedback!    I AM DONE! :-)  It is signed now and that's it.   
This final version has really caught a cheeky expression that I don't see in the earlier posts.  Well done.
I think you have done a smashing painting, lovely little dog.
Think you'd done well here - a similar approach to one I took with my landlord's dog (thick paint, observing her less amiable side).  We run a risk of sentimentalizing doggy pics - of course we do, many of us are just hopelessly goopy about them - but they deserve an objective look and not a romanticized one, and I think you've caught that.  
Showing page 2 of 2