WIP - a few on the go at once

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 8 of 8
You have definitely give it that impression, it looks realistic the way you have portrayed the light. It's a super painting.
Thanks Denise, it's looking balefully at me just now but I'm ignoring it.
I was thinking that you had used Zebrite or black gesso for the under painting Marjorie. If the mood/ look you are trying to capture is somber, would dulling down the reflections in the hearth a little work? You’ve captured the Matt look of the cast fireplace, and the dulness of the reflected light on the cast parts, as if the flatness of iron is sucking the strength out of the light. The shiny look of the marble/slate hearth with the gorgeous reflections is anything but somber, it’s lovely. I don’t know Marjorie, I don’t have the knowledge or the experience to offer advice.
This is the only example I could find of a somber looking, black cast fireplace but it isn’t a very refined example I’m afraid.
Thanks for all that effort, Fiona. I don't want it to look sombre, that's why I'm trying to introduce colours into the black. It's not on a black canvas, it's...  guess what.....painted on top of a beach scene😄
Lol....sorry Marjorie, I misunderstood. Derrrr.....🤭
Showing page 8 of 8