Three Cheeses

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Initially trying to be lazy and leave the grey paper as was but my untidiess ruined that yesterday. Tried to get some refill reservois from Hobby Craft. No way - so bought two undersized A4 pack and will layer them as I do want to get on and completely ruin it. Yes Marjorie it is away today as busy with other stuff. Also bought some Frisk Keep-Wet Pallette packs, smaller than A4 (never heard of them) and mix and match. Got me a Derwent Spritzer too.

Edited
by DerekSnowdon

Re - the Derwent Spritzer -- It's good, a nice fine mist... just too damn small! Try this one - Ranger 2 oz Distress Sprayer Hold ten times the Dewent one and can spray a fine mist or larger drops depending on how you pull "da trigga" -- it also has a great trigger lock for walkabout painting.
Nicely put and feel your indignation Carol. but that doesn't change me. It did slow us down but not a problem, found a good seat in the sun to wait with my several immediate, quick and well economic chosen purchases on my knee.
:satisfied: One happy shopper by the sound of it.
Yes thanks Syd, bought loads in my time. It's just the bottom sheets I need. Trying experiment today hopefully. Daler says No.
Maybe finished, tempted to fiddle and tweak but know the pitfalls. Initial thoughts were to try and completely smooth the tones of the back ground. I did gesso it with meaning to get textures, but is it too messy? Completely smooth textures need to be far more gentle and calm washes with the cards Moi? May use a roller if I decide to tweak Syd have used up all those old watercolours by painting over. Thanks, will get round it.

Edited
by DerekSnowdon

Lovely subtle and textured background colour it has certainly pushed the cheeses onto centre stage, I think, Syd is right leave well alone. Looks good to me also.
Cheers Syd, Carol and Marjorie. Yup finito. Will frame and exhibit later this year.
ooo this is making me hungry lol Very nice! Did you use acrylic?
Yes I only use acrylics these days and apply thjem with credit cards. Thanks, we ate a lovely very very mature Brie last night.
Showing page 2 of 2