The Golden Temple at Amritsar. India.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
If by 'jeeeze' you are referring to my lengthy reply regarding frames. I am passionate and it matters. I'm sure people also care how their work is presented too. As a matter of interest my latest painting was delivered to the gallery which represents me unframed as there had been an error on the intended frame.  It was shown to the client unframed and the client bought it unframed regardless, so it's obviously the image that matters.....I think now.. the frame has also to satisfy the customer too.
Actually Martin the Jeeze was an expletive .   We have some excellent artists on this site , your work is very clever you are a talented guy.  Though personally photo realism isn’t to my taste.  But blowing your own trumpet on an on going basis is a tad boring...Jeeeze . 
😱 OMG what a thread.......I don’t think I’ll put my ten penny worth in now about frames! 
Yes, I agree that it’s all getting a bit boring, for me anyway! I can’t add anything more to what Sylvia has already said!  Well I could, but I won’t.
Oh what an amazing painting! The colours and details are truly lovely! Because I've never painted that big, someone told me it is as easy, and better to paint large as small, what would be your thoughts on this please! 🙏
As no one else is answering I will have a go.  It depends what you are painting and it depends what you are painting with.  For example, if you are using coloured pencil, then aiming too large will be regrettable as it takes so long to cover a small area.  When considering a large painting you should consider the size of your easel and where you are going to store it.  Painting larger may make details easier, but it means that there is more canvas to cover.  If you are using expensive paint then you also have to consider the cost.  Hope I have given you enough to think about.
Agree completely with Linda - if your style is realistic and detailed, large scale makes sense. I paint in oils and so far the largest painting I have produced was a 1000x500mm canvas, made it a lot easier to capture the level of detail I try to achieve but took months to complete!
You can paint large on small canvases / supports.  ( an aside, my grand daughter is painting six feet x six feet at the moment)    Artists like Georgia O Keeffe painted on small canvases but homed in on detail.   I suppose it depends on what you consider small. 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Showing page 6 of 6