Not copying from the Masters, this time round.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
The ear is a bit long - the top of the ear should be on the eye-line, the bottom of it should (especially in a young person: our ears grow as we age) be roughly in line with the base of the nose. Just so's you don't get too happy with it! But - it's brilliant: that's just a tip for next time. 
Thanks Sylvia, I don't know if you will use oils for Bill's portrait but making corrections and going over things is easy with Oils. I will be able to correct that ear now I know what the problem is. Thanks Paul, I was surprised she liked it. Robert, thanks, I could see there was something wrong with that ear but I just couldn't quite, put my finger on it. I can fix it without too much bother and I will remember now for future reference.
I usually use acrylic Denise I haven’t used oils in a long time though that is a thought.  Acrylics  can also be altered quite easily as well. 
Robert, I wanted to show you, I have made the ear smaller, it's still not perfect but it looks more in proportion, I can see that now and I've tried to hint at a bit of a clavicle. These are all things I will take forward when I do another one. Thanks and I would like to thank all for your input.
It’s so good Denise , and I’m  full of respect and admiration for you attempting it and what’s more achieving a high standard.  These few little Tweets have really added to the finish. 
On second look, I will definitely have to study placement of the clavicle. I think I will be doing some sketching of the structure of the neck.
Showing page 4 of 4