New York, New York in the 1940's. A Third Avenue Rail System (TARS) trolley near it's carbarn on Broadway in Harlem.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
Absolutely brilliant. Getting all the details right in the way you have done is a real feat of skill.
Well - you got there: not that I feared you wouldn't.  It's been fascinating to watch this work building, and I admire your having the self-discipline to stop and photograph the stages - whenever I try doing that, I nearly always go straight from very basic sketch to more or less finished.  I think this should perform very well as a print - it would grace anyone's wall. 
Thanks Robert. Glad you have enjoyed following this one through it's stages. I don't mind stopping and taking the photos 'on the way' as I rather enjoy looking back over them myself. Fingers crossed for a print. On to the next work.
Fabulous result.  

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Outstanding work Malcolm. Your patience and perseverance amaze me.  The finished  work is so reminiscent of the artwork in the Video Game, 'L.A. Noire'. I salute you, especially as i am trying to force myself into starting a 'Wesson-esque' watercolour; very loose of course, but I keep telling myself I will mess it up. Regards John
John - you MIGHT mess it up: and then again - you might not...  Many of us (all of us?) have this fear, however long we've been painting.  Go on ... jump in!
Not a lot here I can say that hasn’t already - your attention to detail is stunning, this painting has amazing depth and realism. Your patience makes me look like I have ADHD 😂
Showing page 4 of 4