London Street Scene - Work in Progress.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Thank you Gudrun for taking the time to view my work. Although I was lucky to have had formal training, I don't necessarily believe it is absolutely necessary but it does help with all the basic parameters associated with painting. All these skills can be learnt, but you need the right guidance initially, and there is plenty of that around on the website, and of course college courses. But, saying that, if these skills are ignored they will certainly show up in your work. Glazing is very simple, and although I don't glaze very often, because of my time restraints as in trying to get this completed, as well as the 4 ft canvas, (to enter this years Patchings competition), I will be sweeping some dark shadow areas over parts of it, It is all very flat at present, but it won't be - I hope... <div class="__IE11CLEANUP__"> </div>

Edited
by alanbickley

Very interesting Alan, I've often wondered how you start a painting and here it is. You have probably finished it by now, I just have to find it. First time on this page you see.
Showing page 3 of 3