Jaguar D-type

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I thought this may be of interest to those who like classic cars.  Quite a bit of work yet to do so it'll keep me busy for a while after I've had my jab tomorrow!  Also got to leave bits of the oil to dry (might go back to using acrylics after this). Still trying to decide if I should leave the wheel spinners in sharp focus or not?
Looking good. Could be a good tribute to Micheal Hawthorne ( classic car fanatics will know who I mean.) Nice detail and colour. 
No there is a name I’ve not heard for a long time , what a driver Mike Hawthorn was . This is looking really good already Steve. Very classic colours British racing green as I was told years ago . 
I shall watch with interest, Steve.  You've made a great start.  I remember, as a nipper, being impressed by these wonderful cars.  How different they looked to the everyday British cars...owing one was pure fantasy, of course.  They still stand up as a beautiful design.
Just saw this Steve - looking good! One of the most beautiful racing cars ever built, love the contrast you’ve got in the bodywork, shows the curves off perfectly.
Thanks for the comments.  I confess I haven't touched this one since I posted it above.  But I'll be getting back to it shortly.  The actual car is really great  and sounds awesome.  My pockets not deep enough though!
Whose pockets are deep enough?  Not mine, I know that.   Looking forward to seeing where this goes.  
Finished this now and about to upload to gallery.  Will need to varnish eventually as it is a bit of mixture of matt and shine surface!