Conway Castle

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
New project pen and ink of Conway Castle proportions, perspective and pencil in..
Made a start on the ink .
Filling in the mid-ground
And the final picture 
That's great Bari and good to see it in stages. I love Conway too.
Good to see your progress on this very detailed drawing Bari.
Fabulous detail Bari, loved to watch this progressing
Amazing detail on Conwy castle...such patience .  
That's absolutely stunning!!!!
Love to know what you used for this - not dip pens, I think - rapidograph?  Fineliners?  And do you work at speed, or does it take you as long as it would probably take me (eg, sort of forever)?  
Hi Robert .....no dip pens, for Conway I used an 01 Staedtler pigment liner fibre tip pen as I did it while watching TV in the lounge...I would normaly use a ,10 Rotring isograph but the good lady won't allow them in the house as they have a habit of leaking.  Nice thing about pen & ink is yu can do it in any light. For my every day journal writing and sketching I use a Rotring EF Artpen with cheap black ink cartridges.
Just working out the time ..about two hours pencil work then a little over four hours inking in and give it one hour looking at......a good days work..

Edited
by Bari Marsh