Chilling in nova Scotia from sketch to paint

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Working towards my first add in - want to add in a deck chair but struggling to be brave enough as have only done scapes until now - any guidance would be appreciated!
Hi Margaret, was going to suggest you try out the deckchair idea separately first, then realised you had! Tricky isn’t it?! You could paint them separately as well, cut it out and hold it over the painting to see if it works, as it will change it completely. I’m not sure it needs it but of course that’s your choice! As you’ve got this far with the painting it may look like an afterthought.
Thanks Tessa -  will try painting the deck chair separately as you say and then see how it might look. 
I think it would look good with deckchairs, but I would make sure that they look like they have sunk into the sand as if they weight was on then. Just painted on as Tessa says they could look like an afterthought, I’m sure you had though of this in your planing. Don’t forget to let us see the results, and good luck.