Carefully using Brusho

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I still use Brusho Linda it is exciting.  The inks I used for the vanishing painting were from Brusho and in a paint box set.  Since then I have used the pots of powder and had success , why not make some swatches and do a light test over an amount of time. It is unpredictable but some results are stunning. This is my vanishing pic .  I still have it in photographs and very successfully made it into cards ..
That's beautiful Sylvia, such a shame when your work comes out great only to have it fade away. That's a good idea to make some swatches, I have some experiments with it so I will leave them in the sunlight and see what happens, will remember to make a note of what colours used. 👍🤗
Imagine how I felt, some poor soul had spent good money on it to hang on their wall.   I painted it again in acrylic for them.  It has made me very aware of light fastness.
Thank you for warning me Sylvia, it's not worth the risk of someone paying for a painting only for it to fade away. It's a shame because there are some lovely effects achieved with Brusho, never mind I'll send this to my brother in law for his birthday as a birthday card 😂😂😂
I have finished my little owl, I've painted him in gouache and finished with black and white uni pen. He measures 6 x 6ins on Galeria acrylic paper which has taken the ink well.

Edited
by Linda Drury

He's a very cute little owl, Linda. The background is excellent.
I’m sure your brother will love it Linda.  But do persevere and do some testing. 
Its really nice so far 😊 what is brusho? I've never heard of that 😊
Powdered inks , bright and unpredictable and fun.   Go Google .
Showing page 2 of 2