Bluebell Woodlands

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A subject I keep coming back to but have yet to really managed to create a pciture thta I ma happy with. This is my current version. I tend to get this far and then start adding more leaves and things tend to go awry.  I would be interested to know how people feel I should complete this painting. In my mind the top half needs somethings - more leaves but not sure based on previous attempts
Yes, I think more foliage (perhaps only marked in the background) would add to this painting. 
Usually there is not a deep leaf cover when the bluebells are out , you could add some more trees to fill the background and not a lot more leave, but it’s down to personal choice etc.
Nice one, I do like the slightly misty look.  Perhaps more light green leaves and a change to the path giving it a bit more perspective by either widening it in the foreground or narrowing it more as it becomes more distant?  The centre two trees do maybe make it look a bit too symmetrical so perhaps one more distant tree between them but offset to one side?  
Thank you, I'm looking to add a vague green marks in background with perhaps some more darker leaves. Perhaps a darker tree in foreground on left side also.
THank you for all your advice - I have added more leaves and added a tree trunk in foreground to make it less symmetrical. This is about as far as I can go without losing the light background.
I like what you did. The foliage is just right, the additional tree on the right added some contrast and yellow background gave a nice warm feeling to it.
I am certainly no expert but definitely  much better. Well done.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

I have reported has a link to a game.
I've just come across this thread; I love the look of the light shining through the trees with a little mistiness. I think I'd be tempted to leave it as it is now. Peter