Abandoned Ford Pick Up

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Hi Linda, Thanks for your comments and yes I think you have a fair point about the roof. I am going to take some time and think about how to lift some of the colour out. I have one advantage in that I did a practice barn (2nd pic in this string), so I can have a try with a couple of different methods to see what works, without having to work on the actual piece. I can then cut out the practice piece and lay over the finished picture to see what I think and then make a final decision. It's good to have another artists perspective so thanks again.
Great painting, not that I'm experienced but If I was doing similar, I would put a massive hole in the roof, leave a little of the rusty roof and replace it with sky. 
Beginning to have a look of Andrew Wyeth about it!
I love it Malcolm! My favourite subject matter, beautifully executed. As for working method, to me there is no right or wrong, it’s what works for you - mine has been referred to as ‘painting by numbers’ by a couple of unkind souls :) I look forward to seeing progress on the background.
Also just noticed you’re a fellow member of the GMA - was just going to ask if you knew of it, spooky!
Showing page 2 of 2