A little Blue Tit, work in progress.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This is the little Blue Tit i started last night. He still needs most of his feathers and the branch needs finishing.   I am a great fan of Paul Hopkinson and love how paints his birds, but this is from an LP back issue tutorial by Chole O'Neil, who i think paints similar to Paul. 

Edited
by Nerys B

Finished and added to the gallery.   How do i attach this to the Leisure Painter Projects page please?  Updated: A daft thing i did, was paint it in watercolours! Maybe not add it to the tutorial page, since I discovered it has been done in pencils, so maybe mine would not qualify?  Another daft thing i did, was to upload the work in progress as the finished painting, so no knowing how to change the painting i had to upload the finished painting as another painting.  I didn't like to delete the first as there was comments on it already, so, that's why there are 2 versions on the gallery. 

Edited
by Nerys B

Twice the pleasure, Nerys :)
Paul Hopkinson is a great example to follow - his methods aren't mine: I don't have the eyesight, and if I had, I don't have the patience.  But he's been a good model for you.  When I think I helped him with his first Leisure Painter article - knowing he was very good and would get even better - I hope he'll remember me if he gets rich and famous; a box of cigars, a flask of brandy, wouldn't be too much to ask......   I don't know how to add it to the LP Project Page, I fear: but an email to Dawn Farley is bound to produce a helpful reply.  
Thankyou Robert, wow you helped Paul Hopkinson? I love the detail he gets into his bird paintings, i watch him on Youtube.  Doesn't matter about the LP project page, being as it's a different medium, don't know why i didn't notice that? I just followed the picture of the Blue Tit.