Fabriano Artistico watercolour paper

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
can anyone tell me if there is a date of manufacture on this label? please see the text directly above the barcode, does this mean manufactured 2017? thanks!
My choice of watercolour paper Amanda! I don’t believe so, this is the manufacturer’s identification/batch number. It’s unlikely that there would be four year old stock on the shelves, but not impossible! However, watercolour paper has a very long life span as you will know, it certainly wouldn’t be detrimental even if it was. What are your concerns?

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Looks more like a stock number than a date.  Even if it is four years old it will be fine.  I have art materials  including paper going back decades.  I suppose you could contact Fabriano. . 
My choice of watercolour paper Amanda! I don’t believe so, this is the manufacturer’s identification/batch number. It’s unlikely that there would be four year old stock on the shelves, but not impossible! However, watercolour paper has a very long life span as you will know, it certainly wouldn’t be detrimental even if it was. What are your concerns?
Alan Bickley on 19/05/2021 05:16:03
i bought a pack about 4 months ago and some of it has patchy sizing issues. I'm fairly certain an expert told me this was the date but now I'm doubting myself and no one seems to know!!
Looks more like a stock number than a date.  Even if it is four years old it will be fine.  I have art materials  including paper going back decades.  I suppose you could contact Fabriano. . 
Sylvia Evans on 19/05/2021 11:06:12
hello Sylvia thanks for your response, I've just had a confirmation that it is the year of manufacture. I've not had a response from Fabriano and time's marching - I want new stock!! :)
Hello Amanda, like Sylvia I’ve got paper (Fabriano) that is really old, so old in fact I discovered it when I was having a clear out! I’ve used it and it’s perfect. I use Fabriano paper for acrylic painting, mine is 400gsm, the discovered one was 400gsm on a pad.
I always work on the assumption that papers which are classed as 'archival', (Usually meaning after they are used), would also last indefinitely, unused, if kept flat and out of the Sun's light. Never had any problems and I have paper going back a couple of decades. I think many of us tend to 'stock-up' when materials are on offer, and tend to have stuff we will take a while to get through. Although I have stopped buying paints now until I use what I have. Hope that helps. John

Edited
by John Walker

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.