Need help identifying painting

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi!  I'm a carpenter and currently doing some intarsia for custom guitars and mandolines. I portray a lot of classic art I've accumulated on my pc for the past 10 years and since it "finally" died I need help identifying this.  I traced this image some years ago, recently found it unused, so I used it for an intarsia piece now. But I need the name of the artist and painting as to give credit and also make sure I'm not messing with any laws. Really didn't think it would be so hard to find it again.  I believe it portrays Cupid and Psyche, but I can't be entirely sure.  I appreciate any clues. <3
At a guess, Sir Edward Burne-Jones - but it wouldn't 'alf 'elp to see the painting: I have to admire your confidence that any of us can be sure of an attribution based on a tracing.....  Google Cupid and Psyche - something MIGHT pop up.  
Thank you for the reply!  The issue is I just couldn't find it on my own, I have been on it for a while. This is the reason I landed here, as I was looking for forums and boards of art enthusiasts.  This is certainly a long shot, but I was just hoping someone would possibly recognize it. I remember getting a lot from a certain website that had nearly all well documented artwork of the two through history and I just can't seem to find that anymore either. As I said, it was a long time ago, maybe it doesn't even exist anymore. Can't even remember what time period the painting could have been from. If I end up never finding it, it's not going to matter so much, but I would absolutely appreciate it a lot.
There are hundreds - if not thousands - of Cupid and Psyche paintings; on reflection, yours looks a bit more like Botticelli or even Titian than my first guess, but in any event they're all long out of copyright.   This was a prime opportunity for painters over several centuries to paint lashings of naked flesh, and didn't they revel in it.......  It will be pure luck if you find your original; the only unusual feature I can see is the pillar, but I tried Googling P & C with pillar, and got - nowhere.  Sorry.