PaintersOnline Virtual Patchings Festival

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2

Edited
by Gudrun Ståhl Sharpley

Really enjoyed virtual Patchings so far. This morning I listened to David Hatwood, it was very informative. This afternoon I’ve enjoyed Adebanji’s demonstration, sketching of a homeless man from a photo. Fabulous, and I didn’t get rained on or needed my wellies.....
Glad you're enjoying it Ellen! See you tomorrow for another dry festival day!
Just watching Adibanji drawing a homeless man. A brilliant sketch and I’ve never seen so much enthusiasm from any artist, infectious In fact, a great demo!
We all love Adebanji!
Yes indeed! He’s asked for our drawings of the same homeless man, so he’s put the photo on the website. Then he wants to see our efforts, so I’ll give it my best shot tomorrow and email it over to him - anyone else having a go?
Paul Hopkinson is painting live on Youtube now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W2GKEivjq0&feature=youtu.be
I really enjoyed watching many of the excellent live demonstrations in the Patchings 'virtual festival'. I was particularly interested to see David Curtis paint a portrait of 'The Artist' editor Sally, and of course the brilliantly expressive drawing demo of a homeless man by Adibanji - wonderful stuff! There was plenty of other things going on over the two days, something to keep most of us interested I imagine! And I know that a lot of hard work went into making this virtual event a success, so my thanks to Dawn in particular. I was delighted to be asked to make a small contribution to the event, demonstrating two oil painting views of Patchings in step-by-step demonstrations, which I hope a few of you found interesting - it was great to be a small part of it!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

I thought the virtual festival was a great success. It managed somehow to capture something of the atmosphere of the " real" event. Perhaps this was helped by the informal interviews with some of the tutors and judges, David Curtis in particular, who showed us around their workspaces. Also, obviously, the live demos. But I'm looking forward to taking my time to watch the videos, especially Jenny Aitken's, whose work I love. So, yes, many thanks to all those who set this up, you produced something very interesting to " attend", all those different elements which appealed on many different levels. 😀👍🏻
Thank you! I am really pleased you enjoyed the event - a first for all of us in these unprecedented times! 
Showing page 2 of 2