November painting challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 7 of 8
Mia, Jenny and Linda.....three fabulous representations of the challenge. Well done ladies! Wonder what’s next?
Thank you Fiona, took ages to find something different in the fungi ref. Photos, 🍄🍄🍄
My fourth and possibly final attempt at this month’s challenge. 10 x 9in drawing on Steel Grey Canson Mi-Teintes. Rigger brush and black acrylic ink/white gouache. Loosely based on yet another photo courtesy of Fiona. I have exaggerated the size of the fungus mind you, it just worked out that way rather than planned! 
The white gouache works really well Alan .  You did exaggerate the size , poor wee birdie.   I took this pic a couple of weeks ago if anyone wants to use it. 
Thanks Sylvia, just a bit of fun and I love drawing with brush and ink. That’s a complicated mass of fungi, a tester for anyone! I might just give it a go tomorrow.
This is probably (?) my last entry for this challenge, I think (lol). I do love drawing and painting fungi and used a black and red oil pastel on A3 size watercolour paper.
Just checked in....wow, so many great fungi paintings, well done, love them all.. I ve hopefully commented on them all on the. Gallery. If Ive missed anyone my apologies,  keep them coming, it will soon be December 😀
My 4 th and last fungi for this challenge. I was inspired by Alan's entry with the use of gouache. I found a new brown sketch book I  had forgotten about so gave this a quick go... although I think the colours are the opposite way round... Love your idea Alan, 

Edited
by Lesley Hardy

Lovely work everyone. Great picture, Sylvia. This little fungi is less than a cm in diameter. The structure is amazing for something so small. Pinwheel  

Edited
by C J

Superb work CJ, the structure is amazing.
That’s a cracker CJ!
Thankyou, Dixie and Fiona. It never fails to amaze me when I crop my photos for painting, I do like detail and this little lovely just blew me away. Not a new painting, as leisure time is limited, at the moment.
Showing page 7 of 8