May Forum Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Welcome to the forum and the challenge,  it’s a fun site as you have probably noticed. People are always will to give advice and encouragement, just had a quick peep you have some nice paintings in your gallery.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Hello everyone, I am Reed, I know we are painting enthusiasts here so I would like to give you some advice. I also love the drawings and I have been practicing them since ten days ago. I think my drawings are pretty good, at least for someone new to me. But I'm having the problem of choosing the right color spots for the picture. I have consulted from a few people on this forum and they introduced me here. I have received good feedback from people about it, but I was wondering about choosing Sargent Art 22-1581 Washable Markers. Have you ever used it before? Can you give me some advice? Looking forward to hearing from you, well I'd be happy to be able to share the picture as soon as it's done.

Edited
by Douglas Reed

I haven't used them, but looking at them online, I think they're probably not of artists' quality - but sold mainly for filling in colouring books.  I also see some criticism online that the ink dries out too quickly, but there may be several reasons for that. If they're washable with soap and water, it means they're almost certainly water-based; inks like that are very rarely lightfast - so they would probably work in your sketch-book, because the pages aren't exposed to light; but if you wanted to use them for work you display, my fear would be that the colours will fade quite quickly. I don't normally use coloured markers of any kind, but I'm sure some members here do - perhaps they could offer an alternative.
Lovely contributions though must admit I'm not surprised there were not many for this one - tricky! Also, I think all the glorious weather has kept a lot of us in our gardens. I tried to think of something that people would identify me by and there wasn't really anything (would have been easier when I was much younger with a motorbike and a camera).  Excellent efforts, I particularly liked Jenny's extremely clever one :)
Showing page 2 of 2