Gallery search

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I’ve tried using the search facility in the gallery without much success. Not sure what it is conducting the search on, but expected it to be able to pick up on the various categories, etc., that appear in the submission form. Searching for “Portrait”, for instance, results in any type of art - landscape, seascape, still life, etc. Is there any information on what it searches on or the syntax that can be used?
I think it’s just for searching for an artist Ron, by name.
Thanks Tessa. Makes me wonder why they still bother with the categories in the submission.
I must admit I struggle sometimes with completing the submission details in particular the last re style! However you made me look further at this and in fact you can search by entering words such as impressionist, digital, watercolour, etc, most of which give a sensible result, but not all.

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

I'm with you, Tessa, I don't know what style to use as I don't set out to have a specific style. I just leave that one blank. The search criteria I used didn't seem to work very well and maybe it is due to the categories not being selected anyway. With so many 'ready-made/plugin' search engines out there, I'm surprised that a better one wasn't incorporated during the update.
I’m in agreement about not ticking a box in the style section, I don’t have a clue what to put anyway.