More digital art

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall

Have you tried digital art before?

Yes - 2 votes - 100%

No - I have no interest - 0 votes - 0%

No - but I really want to learn - 0 votes - 0%

I bought a new Samsung tablet last week and included in the software was a digital programme called 'ArtRage'. Now I know that some here on the forum really don't like anything digital but I must say I'm really impressed with programme. Although I'm still very much a novice, it's very entertaining to be able to sit and 'paint' with pastels, oils, watercolours and various pencils etc. I have a brilliant stylus which is very fine like a pen and I'm loving playing with this new toy! When I manage to complete something worth showing I will post it for you to see what you think.
Good for you for having a bash, Margaret. I'll be interested to see how you get on. I've heard of 'artrage', I think it's a free online software app. I use Photoshop Elements, bought long ago and now a little out-of date, but it's still a marvelous art application (although photo manipulation is it's primary function). To use it I have to scan drawings into my computer and then 'paint' them in photoshop. I've never been prepared to fork out for a decent stylus. Do you drawn directly onto the screen with yours?
Good on ya Margaret. I had a lot of.fun with mine although I grew quite bored very quickly. There's something tactile.missing with digiart, and maybe a frisson of danger missing too...will this next stroke ruin all those hours of labour?? Enjoy it while it lasts, and let's see the result. David
I've just had a look at Artrage, courtesy of Pat's link. There's some stunning work on there...I'll have to delve deeper.
If you look on the Gallery, I think that you will find that Skylar Brown uses Artrage, so there are lots of examples to see. I got bored with digital and too much like hard work. Best of luck Margaret. We look forward to seeing some results.